Loving God and loving people
Our two most important values come from the great commandment Jesus gave us: Love God, Love Others. The first reaches deep into our souls, while the second opens wide to the world around us.
Based on this commandment, we believe the greatest gift we can give the world is our intimacy with God, which forms the foundation for loving relationships with others.
Loving God: Deep Values
- Loving God Intimately (Matthew 22:34-40)
- Seeking His Kingdom Always (Matthew 6:33)
- Being Daily Directed by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16-26)
- Living Passionately for Christ (Romans 5:1-5)
- Continuing Transformation Through the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Engaging in the Spiritual Battle (James 4:7, 2 Corinthians 10:3-6, Ephesians 6:10-17)
- Growing Together with Other Believers (Ephesians 4:11-16, 1 John 1:7, Proverbs 27:17)
Loving Others: Wide Values
- Loving All People (Matthew 22:34-40)
- Participating in the Priesthood of Believers (1 Peter 2:9)
- Engaging in the Ordinary Places of Human Need (Matthew 9:10)
- Spiritually Multiplying (Titus 2:4, Matthew 28:16-20)
- Fulfilling the Great Commission as Your Ultimate Purpose (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Living in Unity with All Believers (John 17:23)
- Living a Life of Transformational Impact (1 Corinthians 3:10-15, Galatians 4:24, John 15:16)
Statement of Faith
Taking God at His Word.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His victorious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation of lost and sinful human kind.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Wisely using our God-given resources.
- A diverse national Forge Board provides ministry governance and oversight.
- Forge has received Charity Navigator’s highest rating.
- Forge’s annual outside audit successfully completed by CapinCrouse LLP.
- Membership high accountability standards remain strong with ECFA—“Integrity You Can Trust”
- A vibrant reproducing movement of Kingdom laborers is evident since our founding in 1986!